So, guys, I’ve been avidly reading Top Ten Tuesday posts for quite a while now. I’ve always been meaning to jump on the bandwagon, and with the year wrapping up, there’s no better time!
For those of you who haven’t heard, TTT is essentially a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish in which you share 10 different books about a certain theme. This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2015. Most of these are in the earlier part of the year, simply because there isn’t enough information on fall 2015 books!! That’ll have to be a later post in 2015, it seems.
On with the list…
My Top Ten Most Awaited Books in 2015
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski: So, I totally fell in love with The Winner’s Curse when I read it. It was just so… different. And completely heart-breaking. I can’t wait to see what Rutkoski brings next.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Nieven: I’m not the biggest fan of contemporary, but there’s just something about the synopsis for this one that speaks to me. Plus, it’s set in Indiana, where I used to live, and novels set in Indiana are basically impossible to find. I have to say, I’m intrigued to see how good this one will end up (okay, fine, I’m dying to read it, okay?? I try to sound sophisticated sometimes.).
- Magonia by Maria Headley: Honestly, the reason I first added this one to my TBR was the cover. No shame. After reading the synopsis though, I’m totally hooked. I think this one has the potential to be a big hit.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: Despite the fact that I haven’t read the final book of the Grisha series (I know, I know!), I am in love with the concept for this book. The Grisha world is also so developed, so I can’t want to delve into it even more with this book. I AM SO EXCITED.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: This book is going to become the Next Big Thing. I already know it, guys. I’ve been excited for what seems like forever, and the reviews thus far that I’ve read have been gushing.
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows: AHHH this book is going to be A M A Z I N G. Okay? Okay. No more commentary needed.
- 99 Days By Katie Cotugno: I was like the one person who didn’t fall in love with How to Love, but something about the synopsis of this book… I don’t know. The way it’s written seems gorgeous, and I’m actually super excited to see if I’ll like this one.
- The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincet: Sisters! Immortal souls! Rogue friends! What doesn’t sound super enticing about this book?!
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: I think I would do anything to get my hands on an ARC of this. Not only is that cover gorgeous, but that synopsis sounds so, so good, and actually reminds me of a the Legend series, which I totally enjoyed.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare: Yeah, yeah, I know that this is Cassandra Clare’s umpteenth book set in the same world. But I like her compelling writing style, and I always manage to get super emotional over her characters. I’m super interested to see what she brings with this new series.
- Anything by Alexandra Bracken: So I’m in the middle of re-reading Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds series, and guys, I’m an emotional mess all over again. I don’t think I’ll be able to read the last one without major heartbreak. So, of course, I seriously can. not. wait. to see what she’s going to write in 2015. If anything, I know there will be massive amounts of heartbreak and tears.
There you have it! There’s a lot of other books I’m pretty excited to read in 2015, so I already know it’s going to be an amazing year in books.
What books are YOU excited to read next year? Let me know!