Ole, Ole, it’s Bloggiesta time!
I participated in the last Bloggiesta, but that was back when I was still co-blogging. So this will be my first time participating in Bloggiesta with my own blog. Talk about excitement!
What is Bloggiesta? Basically, Bloggiesta is a weekend (this year, it’s from August 28th-30th) where you spend as much time as you can working on your blog. It’s a time to get all those things that have been on you to-do list for basically forever. It’s really low pressure, you choose the amount of time you want to work on your blog. If you only have a few hours, then that’s perfectly fine. It’s just a fun time to chat with people, make your blog better, learn new things, and cross of those things that have been sitting on your to-do list for way too long.
If you want to find out more about Bloggiesta, then you can check out the introductory post and sign up here! It’s being hosted this year by the fabulous bloggers at There’s A Book and It’s All About Books.
Anyways, I have a very ambitious goal list of what I want to accomplish during this Bloggiesta. However, I won’t be able to get anything done on Saturday, as Austin Teen Book Festival is happening that day, and that’s an all day event (which is going to be SO much fun!). But, I still plan to participate on the other days.
- Catch up on ALL reviews. This is a lot to do! I always procrastinate on my reviews, so I probably have at least 7 I need to get written.
- Schedule at least a month’s worth of WOW post, if not 2 months worth.
- Transfer all reviews to Goodreads. I haven’t done this in… basically forever, I think. Warning to my Goodreads friends: my feed is going to be really long!
- Create a button for a new feature that I’m planning to do on my blog.
- Schedule at least 3 posts for said feature.
- Brainstorm more ideas for said feature.
- Create a Review Archive page, and link all reviews to this page.
- Attempt to create a rating system. I’m not sure how successful this will turn out to be, but I at least want to try!
- Get and explore more plug-ins for Windows Live Writer to make writing reviews more efficient.
- Update my challenge page. This needs to be done badly.
- Organize my calendar.
- Make a cute signature.
- Get the nerve to ask my parents permission to hold a giveaway. It’s long due, but for some reason, I’m scared my parents will say no to me holding a giveaway.
Along with all those bloggy related goals, I want to visit at least 5 blogs participating in Bloggiesta every day, participate in at least 2 mini challenges, and chat on Twitter with fellow participants!
I’m sure my goal list is going to get bigger as Bloggiesta approaches. If you haven’t signed up, then I totally suggest you do! It’s such a fun and great experience. I hope to see you participating! =)
Are you participating? Do you have any more ideas of what I should add to my to-do list? Let me know!