Guys, it’s no secret that I have a huge love for read-a-thons, especially Bout of Books! I’ve participated in 3 Bout of Books before, and have loved participating in all of them. But first, if you aren’t familiar with this read-a-thon, here’s some info straight from the Bout of Books website:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I’m thrilled to be officially joining in for Bout of Books 8.0! It times out so conveniently, since this is my last week of summer before school starts (*sobs*). So, I can get all my last-minute reading in and end the summer with a bookish bang before I go back to school.
I’ve got a great line up of books for this read-a-thon, that I’m so excited to dive into. I’ve saved some of my most anticipated that I’ve received this summer purposely for the week before school starts. You know, saving the last for best. But anyways, here my list!
- Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Bracken
- Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo
- Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
- Brother, Brother by Clay Carmichael
- Pivot Point by Kasie West
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis [re-read!]
- Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis
I’m probably going to be updating this list and adding even more books when I swing by the library this weekend, but I like to keep my options open, since I’m such a moody reader.
And now for my list of goals that I’d like to accomplish!
- Read 5 books. I think this is a little ambitious, since I have a wedding to attend this weekend. Plus, we’re having guests over for part of the week as well. Despite that, I plan to finish up all my summer homework this weekend so I can dive into books at the beginning of this read-a-thon!
- Read 1,500 pages. I think this is a pretty decent page goal, especially because I have a mix of longer and shorter books on my TBR pile.
- Participate in 1 Twitter chat. Looking at the schedule, it seems as if I’ll be able to attend at least one, and maybe two. Bout of Books’ Twitter chats are seriously awesome, and I always end up meeting so many new people, so I definitely want to try to make it to at least one chat.
- Comment, comment, comment! I want to find some new blogs to follow, as I’ve been on a bit of an unfollowing spree lately. I also want to spread the comment love, so I want to make some time to go through and comment on people’s posts.
- Have reviews written for all books read during this read-a-thon by the end. If you know me at all, you know that I have some serious problems with procrastination, especially when it comes to reviews. I’m hoping to have written reviews for all these books by the time this read-at-hon ends, since I do like to have some time for my thoughts to percolate. This goal should give me room to do that, yet still get my reviews written in a timely matter.
- Follow #boutofbooks. I want to be more supportive on Twitter, and find some new books to end to my ever-growing TBR, and so following along with the Bout of Books hashtag should help me do that.
So overall, it looks like I have a lot to keep me busy next week! I can only hope that I’ll manage to read all the books I want to and accomplish my goals.
Are YOU participating in Bout of Books? How many books do you plan to read next week, even if you’re not?