Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0: TBR List + Goals!

I seriously can’t believe that I’m participating in Bout of Books 9.0! I feel like I’m an old-timer to this read-a-thon now, because I’ve participated in so many. I’ve always been a lover of read-a-thons, as something about their challenge is so alluring. But first, if you’re completely clueless as to what Bout of Books even is, here’s a little enlightening tidbit from the website:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

It’s really as awesome as it sounds. Because this will be my first week back from break, I’m hoping this will help me settle into a new routine that includes more reading and blogging.

Because I’m a more of a moody reader, I have a lot of options for my TBR list, so I have a lot of books I probably won’t get to read listed here. But I like having my options open, so here they are regardless. Winking smile


I also have some goals that I want to accomplish before the end of this read-a-thon.

  • Read at least 4 books. I think this is a little ambitious, considering how busy of a week I have. However, I’ve managed to hit this goal before, even with being super busy, and I really want to make reading something I do daily. Having this goal will motivate me even more to fit reading into my schedule as I go back to school, so hopefully, the reading habits will stick.
  • Read at least 1,200 pages. That makes it out to be 300 pages per book, if I read 4 books, which seems doable. I also want to mix it up with longer and shorter books, but having a page goal will help me see how much I’m actually reading.
  • Comment on at least 10 new blogs. Like I said, time is going to be of the essence during this week,  but I love seeing and meeting new people through this read-a-thon, and commenting on new blogs is one of the best ways to do that. Plus, spreading the comment love is just always fun. Winking smile
  • Participate in at least 1 Twitter chat. It seems as if I’ll be able to make at least one of these, and since the Twitter chats are definitely one of the highlights of the read-a-thon, I definitely want to make it to one.

That’s it for me! Are you participating in this read-a-thon? Do you have any reading goals for the upcoming week? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Great TBR!!! I am also a moody reader so I am not sure if I will stick to the TBR I put up but I will try since I really do want to read all those books! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a huge fan of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, but I really enjoyed Untold and I've heard great things about The Madman's Daughter (despite the love triangle) and Forsaken. Good luck on this read-a-thon, Aneeqah! I've never been able to participate in one because of school, so I love that you're able to despite that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO brave to be reading during the week you go back to school! That's the reason I'm not participating, because I would literally get no reading done. :( Either that, or I would get no homework done. ;) But OMG. All the books! ALL THE BOOKS. You need to read all of them! :D You definitely need to get to The Madman's Daughter (how many times have I told you..?) I'll be pumping you up on twitter! Good luck, Aneeqah! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you enjoy Mara Dyer, one of my all time favorite books, I am dying for the last book!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice goals! I really want to participate with this one time in the future, but for now I'll just watch from the sidelines. Mara Dyer and Madman's Daughter are fantastic books, so I hope you enjoy it if you read it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of books! I like to keep my options open too, so love your approach! Good luck with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by on my blog! I read and appreciate every comment left on the blog. =) Feel free to say anything that you want- like if you disagree about a review, as long as it's polite. ;) I love hearing different opinions!

*Note: This is an award-free blog. I love that I get nominated for awards, but I don't have enough time to forward the award on. Sorry!