Hello everyone! Welcome to my Stacking the Shelves post this week. You can find out all about the meme here. Basically, it’s hosted by Tynga over at Tynga Reviews, and it’s a way to share the books you received each week.
So apparently it’s summer for the rest of the world, but because I’m on summer break, I didn’t even notice. The days have officially started to smush together (as in, I had no idea it was Sunday today, I definitely thought it was Wednesday…) although my sleep schedule is still semi-normal. Regardless, I finally had the chance to go to the library to get some summer reading books. I swear, I did my absolute best to be really picky about what I got, but, I still ended up checking out a TON of books…
So here we are! Book titles are bolded and linked back to Goodreads for your convenience, as always.
- Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott: Honestly, I can’t believe I haven’t read this book yet. It totally sounds like my kind of thing, plus, Victoria Scott is a local author. I know for a fact that this book is going to be one heck of a ride!
- Control by Lydia Kang: I’ve been craving a sci-fi read lately, honestly, and so Control sounds like the perfect book. Also, the cover is absolutely gorgeous, so there’s that.
- Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay: This is another one that I can’t believe I haven’t read yet. I’ve seen the most amazing of reviews, and this sounds like such an intriguing dystopian, which I love.
- Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy: This book is also by a local author! I’m sure all by fellow local Texan people are smacking their faces right now because I haven’t read books by authors who I like, see at events and stuff. I’m lame, I know, but at least I’m remedying the solution by reading SEMV soon!!
- The Uprising by Lisa M. Stasse: So I saw this at the library, and having just finished The Forsaken, I decided to pick it up in hopes that it would be better than the first. I’m currently reading this one right now, and unfortunately, I’m thinking it might end up being a DNF.
- The Program by Suzanne Young: The concept of this book seems pretty simple to me, but I’ve had a lot of close blogger friends say they thought it was amazing, so I think it’s about time I picked this book up to see for myself!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider: Despite this book having some mixed reviews, I decided to get it anyways, mainly because I have seen some good blogger friends recommend it, and because I thought I’d need something lighter and quick to balance out all my other heavy, dystopian reads.
- The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler (not pictured): This book is currently upstairs in my sister’s room, who is sleeping (because I had no idea it was Sunday and so I’m doing this post early in the morning, oops), so I have no picture for you all. However, I’ve been super excited about this book for a while, and I think it’s just going to be a fun contemp in general.
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski (not pictured): I’m forcing my sister to read this book as well, which is why it’s not in the picture, because it’s also in her room. I just finished this one because I needed something hardcore good, and just AHHH. My feels. Torn to shreds. I don’t even know how I’ll be able to write a review for this one, but just a friendly note: GO GET THIS BOOK.
Well, that’s it for me! I’ve been pretty stingy with buying books, because, well, I’m waiting for my (first!!) paycheck to buy books with my own money (yes, you can probably anticipate a giveaway when that paycheck comes along!). I’ve also been avoiding NG because I’m terrible about reviewing NG books, honestly. I’ll get on it one day. Maybe.
What did YOU get in your mailbox this week?