Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (55)

Waiting On Wednesday is a meme where you basically share an upcoming book that you’re excited to read. It’s hosted over at Breaking the Spine by Jill.

It has been ages since I did a WoW post, and so I’m really excited to be sharing a new and upcoming book that I think will be amazing!!

The book I am waiting on for this week is: Winterspell by Claire Legrand.

The clock chimes midnight, a curse breaks, and a girl meets a prince . . . but what follows is not all sweetness and sugarplums.

New York City, 1899. Clara Stole, the mayor's ever-proper daughter, leads a double life. Since her mother's murder, she has secretly trained in self-defense with the mysterious Drosselmeyer.

Then, on Christmas Eve, disaster strikes.

Her home is destroyed, her father abducted--by beings distinctly nothuman. To find him, Clara journeys to the war-ravaged land of Cane. Her only companion is the dethroned prince Nicholas, bound by a wicked curse. If they're to survive, Clara has no choice but to trust him, but his haunted eyes burn with secrets--and a need she can't define. With the dangerous, seductive faery queen Anise hunting them, Clara soon realizes she won't leave Cane unscathed--if she leaves at all.

Inspired by The Nutcracker, Winterspell is a dark, timeless fairy tale about love and war, longing and loneliness, and a girl who must learn to live without fear.

Honestly? They didn’t really need this whole summary. All I needed to see was ‘inspired by The Nutcracker’. I was a HUGE fan of this story as a child, and totally played piano music from the ballet in middle school. So to see a book inspired by this story?

YES.

The rest of the synopsis sounds amazing as well. I really, really can’t wait to get my hands on this book and just devour it.

This book will be released on September 30th, 2014 (thank goodness, soon!).

What are YOU waiting on this week?

11 comments:

  1. Aneeqah! I'm looking forward to this too :) It looks so good and the cover is just to die for! Ha! I'm so excited that The Nutcracker was the inspiration for this :) Great pick, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Inspired by The Nutcracker" SOLD! Definitely adding this to my list. And finally one that is coming out relatively soon!

    Katie at The Pop Cultist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added this to my list too a while back the moment I heard it was inspired by The Nutcracker. Also, the rest of the synopsis made me even more in need of reading the book. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to be able to read this one too. It being a retelling of the Nutcracker makes me even more excited. Great pick!

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of it before but it sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. EDELWEISS, GIRL, EDELWEISS! It's been up since May! I snagged it a while back, hoping to read it soon! I hope you love this one when you read it!! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks really good! I love fairy tale retellings, and "The Nutcracker" isn't something I have seen retold before. I'm curious about how they'll tackle it.
    Thank you for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for this!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really know the full story about the Nutcracker, but it's still kind of awesome that the book is based on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Inspired by The Nutcracker"?
    I AM SO IN!
    I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds absolutely wonderful - almost like a historical fiction version of the ballet it was based on. I'm really interested in seeing how close it stays to the actual Nutcracker; definitely will be an interesting reading experience!
    Thanks for sharing and putting this under my radar! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I'm the same way. What more do you need than inspired by the Nutcracker?? It sounds so good and the cover is so preeeeetty! AH! Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by on my blog! I read and appreciate every comment left on the blog. =) Feel free to say anything that you want- like if you disagree about a review, as long as it's polite. ;) I love hearing different opinions!

*Note: This is an award-free blog. I love that I get nominated for awards, but I don't have enough time to forward the award on. Sorry!